Dedicated to the safety, maintenance, restoration, and enhancement of the Glenfield Park for all citizens of Essex County to enjoy.
1. Replace lighting in the park that is no longer operational to enhance safety.
2.Enhance entrances and egresses to the Park with native species of trees and shrubs.
3. Replace lost trees.
4. Maintain trees (remove & prune as necessary)
5. Clean up and maintain Tony’s Brook and develop an erosion and flood control program.
6. Bring back children’s educational and scouting programs.
7. Make the park a safe place, making NJ Transit train tracks and other similar hazards inaccessible to the public.
8. Restore pathways, bridges, stairways, and railings.
9. Implement Olmsted planting plan.
10. Provide a Dog Park for residents of the surrounding communities to enjoy.
11. Support and enhance existing neighborhood programs and initiatives currently in place for all residents of the surrounding communities.
1.Organizational Meetings and Outreach – January – February 2021
2.Public Outreach, Awareness and Comment Session – March 2021
3.Park Clean-up Project and ongoing each week– begins in April 2021.
4.Review and Approval of Project Goals based on Public Comment – May 2021
5. Preliminary Master Plan for Glenfield Park Drafted – June 2021
6. Approval of Master Plan for Glenfield Park – August 2021
7.Improvement Work Begins on Glenfield Park – September 2021
8. Improvements Work Complete on Glenfield Park – September 2022